Thursday, September 22, 2011

To fill a void

It's been a year since Matthew and I married. In the months and years leading up to our marriage, I searched and scoured the Internet, looking for someone who I could connect with.

I'm an avid blog reader. I love to learn about new things and engage with people. Each time I would find a blog I loved, I would discover just as quickly that these writers didn't have much in common with me.

Where are the Jewish women? Where are the Jewish blogs?

So, here I am. A Jewish woman, married to a non-Jew. I say Non-Jew, because Matthew wasn't really raised in a religion. He has some very religious Christian family, he has some Catholic family, and he has a lot of non-denominational, lets celebrate Christmas and Easter family.

When we decided to get married, we also decided to raise a Jewish family. We had a Jewish wedding, complete with Ketubah and wine and the hora.

However, there are still lots of questions. What does it really mean to be an interfaith couple? TO be newlyweds and struggling with these issues. What will it become, and how will it change, as we grow together, learn together, eventually have children together.

I am here to start a conversation. Between real women, with real families, struggling with these real questions. I hope you join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment